What is AdEspresso Automatic Optimization? The Automatic Optimization is a group of rules that were created using the AdEspresso Optimization Rules engine and they include a frequency cap and examines all the ads within your campaign by CPA - pausing the under-performing ads and allocating budget to the best ads within the campaign. You can always track what is occurring on the campaign from the campaigns timeline.
You can enable or disable automatic optimization in different parts of the application, during campaign creation or after publication:
- In Step 4 of campaign creation
- After campaign publication from your campaign's main dashboard (under the Campaign Details box)
- From the All Campaigns Page - you can apply automatic optimization in bulk from here by selecting all the campaigns you wish to automatically optimize and clicking on "Start Optimization"
- Does the Auto Optimization change my campaign budget?
- Your overall budget for your campaign should not increase. However, in very narrow case when your budget is closed to the minimum budget acceptable by FB, there could be a small increase over time. We always suggest to add a spend cap to your campaign!
- What is "CPA"?
- The CPA refers to the "main goal" you have set for your campaign. You can set the main goal at Step 2: ads design in the goal tracking setting. More details on that can be found here!
- Can I manually pause/ activate ads or adsets still?
- Yes, of course! Keep in mind when adsets are paused, the budget is removed from your campaign. You can redistribute the budget from the campaign dashboard.
- Can I apply automatic optimization & my custom rules to the same campaign?
- No, the automatic optimization and the custom rules are mutually exclusive.
Interested in creating your own Optimization Rules? Check out the guide on that available here!