What is AdEspresso Automatic Optimization? The Automatic Optimization is a group of rules that were created using the AdEspresso Optimization Rules engine and they include a frequency cap and examines all the ads within your campaign by CPA - pausing the under-performing ads and allocating budget to the best ads within the campaign. You can always track what is occurring on the campaign from the campaigns timeline.
- Does the Auto Optimization change my campaign budget?
- Your overall budget for your campaign should not increase. However, in very narrow case when your budget is closed to the minimum budget acceptable by FB, there could be a small increase over time. We always suggest to add a spend cap to your campaign!
- What is "CPA"?
- The CPA refers to the "main goal" you have set for your campaign. You can set the main goal at Step 2: ads design in the goal tracking setting. More details on that can be found here!
- Can I manually pause/ activate ads or adsets still?
- Yes, of course! Keep in mind when adsets are paused, the budget is removed from your campaign. You can redistribute the budget from the campaign dashboard.
- Can I apply automatic optimization & my custom rules to the same campaign?
- No, the automatic optimization and the custom rules are mutually exclusive.
Interested in creating your own Optimization Rules? Check out the guide on that available here!